Wednesday, December 15, 2004

 

Blue to White

Last night I installed the rest of the new locks. I learned a lesson on that one---cheap locks are cheap for a reason. They're difficult to install, they don't look good and they will only cause more problems than they solve.

I also learned that cheap paint is cheap for a reason--it takes three coats to do what one coat of the expensive stuff will.

I asked my plumber (Roger at First Call Plumbing) about the process I'm going through and he gave me some solid suggestions. By finishing the bedroom and office first, I can start slowly moving in my things. Then, you move to the bathroom so you can have a place to shower and do dishes if need be...

So that's my plan of attack--bedroom and office are being painted right now. Next is spackling, followed by the final paint and new fixtures.

Once the water is turned on tomorrow, I'll be able to wash the window accessories in the wash basin.

The dumpster comes Friday and I have reinforcements all weekend long—Plenty of time to get rid of all the crap, knock out a wall or two and really get the place down to a shell. After Christmas, most likely, all the fun stuff will begin.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives