Monday, January 03, 2005

 

The First Room


bed02
Originally uploaded by Michael Browne.

This room will be completed first. It's the bedroom, and it was in pretty decent conditon. Thankfully, the hardwood floors were still in good shape, and I only need to upgrade the electrical sockets and possibly the ceiling fan. Windows can wait until spring.

I decided to take the baseboards off the walls to strip, sand and refinish them, as many coats of paint over the years turned them into an ugly mess. Numerous people told me to buy new instead of rehabbing the old, but I have a problem with wasting good supplies that could be revived with a little sweat. So tonight, I switched between stripping the bears off the ceiling in the office (see next post) and stripping the base boards (see picture above).




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives