Sunday, January 02, 2005

 

A Good Starting Place


workbench01
Originally uploaded by Michael Browne.

After spending a good portion of yesterday trying to figure out what I was doing and where I needed to go, I realized the best place to start would be with a work bench.

I saved scrap 2x6 boards from my porch rafters and my old kitchen countertop, bought a few 2x4s, carriage bolts and deck screws and threw it all together based on a basic design I found in a Better Homes and Gardens book that my parents gave me for Christmas (forgive the run-on sentence...)

I also scored some plywood from the local recycled materials store, Construction Junction, to make the lower sheld out of.

A couple hours later, and I now have a solid work bench to help me with all the projects coming soon...

I know, it looks kind of sad, but the picture doesn't do it justice. I think I couldn't have done better for the $9 I spent on it.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives