Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

Gutter Installation 101


porch06
Originally uploaded by Michael Browne.

I knew nothing about installing gutters prior to this project, but armed with myBetter Homes and Gardens book from my parents and some good advice from a Home Depot employee who actually cares (I've found there to be only about 20% that actually do...), I got all the materials I needed.

The only thing missing was how much drop the gutters needed to provide adequate water flow.

For all those in need, drop your gutter a quarter inch every two feet. Over the 21 foot length of my gutter, that was about 2 and a half inches.

In this picture, Bryan's estimating how much overlap we'll have with the gutter seam.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives