Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

The Ongoing Project

I reached a pivotal change a week or so ago in the way that I think about the house and how to remodel it. From day one, I've been thinking in terms of "rooms." As in, complete the back rooms, then the bathroom, then the living, then the kitchen. But after working on the bathroom plubming and having dirty tub water drop out onto my belongings in the basement, I realized that I need to think of the house in terms of systems--plumbing, electrical, etc.

If I'd have thought this way from the start, I would have taken care of all the electric first, then the plumbing, and then gotten in to painting and such... Alas, life isn't perfect, and knowing that certain things needed to happen so that I could move in, the systems approach gets thrown out the window.

So, here's a laundry list of what I'm currently working on:
*completed installation of fluorescent lighting in workshop.
*kayak on hooks along gararge wall.
*dryer needs repaired.
*recessed lighting needs wired up.
*kitchen and bath window need installed (sitting at the Home Depot warehouse right now).
*cabinets need refinished.
*back yard needs grass seed; find rhodedendron bush.
*install tile in bathroom.
*find wall heater for bathroom.
*refinish wood floors.
*repair doorbell system.
*landscape front yard turnaround; concrete over gravel.
*and of course, the rest of the kitchen remodel.

whew! and that's about a third of the entire project!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives