Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

The First Coat


kitchen17
Originally uploaded by Michael Browne.

This picture was taken on Saturday, and since then, I've moved on to my third and final coat. I chose a clear finish by Zar because I like the wood and the people at Wheeler's Paints tell me it's the best. I chose a satin finish because it hides the imperfections in the wood. I also wanted satin because I have lots of light in the kitchen and I didn't want a glare off everything.

My folks are making a much anticipated trip to see me this weekend, so the goal is to have the cabinetry ready to be installed. If I can lay the groundwork for the walls before they get here, the kitchen will be ready for a floor and a countertop-- and then the appliances. And then I'll finally have a working kitchen.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives