Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Tile Me This...


kitchen36
Originally uploaded by Michael Browne.

Tiling is perhaps one of the easiest jobs I've accomplished. I borrowed a table saw from my former landlord Jeremiah, purchased about $45 worth of hexagonal tile, and spent a few hours on the job. Alright, so it took me longer to prepare since I've never done this before, but once I figured out the edges, it was an easy job.

And sure, it's not technically done yet, but I wanted to grout both the countertop and the backsplash at the same time, to reduce clean-up time.

Anyway, here it is. My very nice, inexpensive backsplash. Yes, Jason, I know it's not the stainless steel you told me to use, but that would have cost an extra $120, and I don't care that much about something that will just be covered up by a large black appliance, like the stove that's waiting for installation.

Marble floor, here I come.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Links
archives